Products and Services
Patents issued and pending
Features & Benefits
Biomarker extraction from blood is the method of choice for researchers and clinicians, but the logistics of blood collection, stabilization, shipping, and biomarker extraction remain complex, expensive, and difficult to standardize. Blood collection methods for biomarker extraction require a professional phlebotomist, collection of large volumes of blood, and leak-proof overnight shipping on ice or cold-packs. This creates logistic and financial barriers for emerging biomarker application such as large scale genomic, pharmaceutical pre-clinical, and animal model studies. For example, the novel truCOLLECT system greatly simplifies blood collection, stabilization, and shipment while generating DNA yield and quality comparable to whole blood.
Comprehensive workflow, designed for biomarker extraction
Acquire sample through finger-prick or venipuncture
Transfer sample to the truCOLLECT Collection and Storage device
- The fiber is permanently attached to a barcoded cap and the identifier is maintained throughout the sample processing workflow.
- The truCOLLECT fiber is designed for stabilization of fluidic biological samples including whole blood
- The truCOLLECT cap with fiber is inserted into the desiccant container for efficient dry-stabilization, independent of the sample collection environmental conditions.
- The sealed container allows for consistent dry-stabilization, and prevents sample-to-sample, and environment-to-sample contamination.
- The plastic design and construction ensures robust shipping conditions.
SHIP & STORE
- The desiccant container with the dry-stabilized blood sample is ready for ambient temperature shipping via regular mail, courier, or express mail.
- The sealed container can also be used for storing the dry-stabilized blood for long-term storage in specially designed containers.
- Utilizing Covaris Adaptive Focused Acoustics® (AFA™) technology and optimized reagents, dry-stabilized blood in the truCOLLECT device is actively re-hydrated and cells are lysed to release the DNA.
- Efficient biomarker extraction with AFA is comparable to dried blood spot and fresh whole blood samples.
- Medical-grade 0.5MHz ultrasonic transducer
- Geometrically focused acoustic energy
- Short wavelength ideal for processing biological molecules
- Non-contact delivery of controlled focused acoustic energy
- Acoustically optimized sample vessel materials and design
- Consistent sample processing temperature (isothermal)
|Part #||Product Name||Description|
|520184||truCOLLECT-15 Kit (set of 10)||kit contains: truCOLLECT cap with fiber, desiccant container, microTUBE-130, and user manual|
|520236||truCOLLECT™-RUO DNA Extraction & Purification Kit – Column Purification (10)||Kit includes: RNA Proteinase K Solution, microTUBE-130 AFA Processing Tube, Purification Columns (10), truCOLLECT AFA Conditioning Buffer, Collection Tubes (30), B3 Buffer (2.5 ml), BW Buffer (6 ml), B5 Buffer (Concetrate) (2 ml), and Elution Buffer (BE)|
truCOLLECT™-ADK (Application Development Kit)
|kit contains: truCOLLECT RUO kit, PCR tubes, and microTUBE-130 AFA processing tubes|
In this poster, we introduce truCOLLECT™, a novel blood collection system which does not require a venous blood draw and greatly simplifies blood collection, standardizes dry stabilization, and simplifies shipment while delivering DNA yield and quality comparable to fresh whole blood
Here, we present two innovations that together overcome many of the drawbacks of the current DBS technology: (1) a novel sampling device for collecting capillary blood (truCOLLECT™) that provides integrated sample barcoding, eliminates the need for a drying period before shipment, and yields DNA and protein amounts similar to those seen with fresh blood; and (2) use of Adaptive Focused Acoustics (AFA™) for efficient release of biomarker from truCOLLECT™ devices as well as from conventional DBS (truXTRAC™ DBS). The AFA™-based extraction process is highly automated and allows batch processing with less than 30 min hands-on-time per 96 samples.
Covaris provides tools and technologies to improve pre-analytical sample preparation, enable novel drug formulations, and manage compounds in the drug discovery process.