DNA/RNA Shearing Service
for Next-Gen Sequencing
The Covaris AFA process is the Industry Standard for DNA fragmenting and is used by major genome and clinical research centers world-wide. Scientists choose the Covaris DNA Shearing Service for several reasons; e.g.
- Project work – you may prefer to immediately use the Covaris DNA Shearing Service rather than purchase an instrument based on project timing.
- Increased throughput – customers with a single-tube Focused-ultrasonicator (S-Series or M-Series) will use our Service when a project requires a higher throughput
- Evaluation – sometimes customers want to evaluate the Covaris AFA shearing process for their samples before purchasing an AFA system
For users without a Covaris AFA system, using the DNA Shearing Service provides the same benefits as using your own Covaris Focused-ultrasonicator:
- Reproducible, narrow size distribution
- Non-contact, closed tube–no chance of cross contamination
- Isothermal, high recovery process
- Compatible & validated with ALL Next-gen sequencing platforms—SOLiD/Ion Torrent, Roche/454, Illumina/HiSeq to MiSeq
How the Service works:
- Contact Covaris (Email: email@example.com) for pricing information and ordering procedure.
- Follow the protocol in the order form and then ship DNA samples to Covaris.
- Covaris will process the DNA samples according to the base-pair range specified by the customer, sheared DNA samples are returned to the customer, with electropherogram confirmation if requested, within 24 hours upon receiving the samples.
* DNA Shearing Service is limited to customers within the continental United States. For special requests outside of the continental United States, please contact Covaris.